+canyon.jpg)
+by+Paige+Arizona+4-24-2010+014.jpg)
+by+Paige+Arizona+4-24-2010+015.jpg)







+river.jpg)


We went camping monday April 25 and 25 to Paria (Pronounced Pareah) canyon by Page Arizona. The temperature was high 60's to l0w 70's. Clean air; no wind or mild and very few bugs. We had the place all to ourselves. The view; the contours of the earth and the variety was breath taking. The town of Pareah was at the largest in the late 1800"s of 47 families. Then a huge flood washed all out but 8 families. By the early 1900's it was vacant. Then a movie was made and a set was built and vacated after the movie. Someone came and burned the buildings down so only nature is left. Very easy to see why a flash flood would wipe them all out. Also easy to see why they wanted to live there. It is like a very big pasture land surrounded on all sides by these breath taking colorful dome shaped mountains that would trap all the rain. The pareah river runs thru the little valley. We gave the truck a test as we drove the long way out on a road less traveled but thru even more georgeous country
I am going to post this. I have been unsuccessful in getting the pictures to download. I will keep trying
I am going to post this. I have been unsuccessful in getting the pictures to download. I will keep trying

1 comment:
Hope the pictures start working for you soon. We could work on it when you are here next week!
Post a Comment